Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wella Straight Instructions

Yon González: "I like to surprise the public and, above all, to myself"

Angel Caballero / Look at the camera
can boast talent, charisma and passion for the craft of the actor who discovered when working on the series "SMS." I like challenges and face new and different characters. Simple, at the same intelligent, Yon Gonzalez talks about his short but eventful career. Has just released "Torrente 4" and soon we will see in the second season of "Gran Reserva".


camera Look: Did you ever imagine you were in the highest grossing film in the history of English cinema?
Yon González: Well, little or no thought being an actor, and never entered my head. It was a good experience ... I have done very interesting work for me, facing a very different and fun. During the filming of "Torrente 4" I learned a lot while I had fun. I played a little, but I'm happy with the result.
Mac: I have understood you had very little time to prepare for this character.
YG: Yes, I got the script on Friday and Thursday afternoon the following week, I started shooting the movie. It was a bit hard, because at the same time also was filming "The Internship".
Mac: What's life a shoot with co-workers, as Belén Esteban or Paquirrín , who are not actors?
YG: I had only six scenes, and all were with Tony Leblanc and Santiago Segura. I did not agree with them, so I can not answer.
Mac: I read somewhere that a child thought to be a mechanic ...
YG: If it is true. I've always thought stoned cars and work on that. I am very open to new experiences and I signed up for a fashion agency in Bilbao. Not that interested me much that world but I thought it might be a good opportunity. Had no pretensions to go out, meet people, enjoy and things happen to me. With that, I set out to do a casting for a daily series, "SMS", and they caught me. When I started working there I discovered I wanted to be an actor. It was all a fortune and a privilege.
Mac: I had a good reference at home: your brother. Do you make it up that first test?
YG: No, I helped with that casting was Look Ibarguren . We spent about three hours working on the text, which helped me a lot. My brother helped me at other levels, because I knew nothing about this profession, and had not even read a script in my life.
Mac: recently had your first theatrical experience Microteatro Money. What encouraged you to embark on this project?
YG: met Miguel Alcantud , the director of the play, because he was running a few chapters into "The Internship". From the first time became very good friends, so when I offered to do this micro work threw me right away. It was very nice, because it was born from some work we did improv. Miguel is a great director and made everything very easy and simple.
Mac: How remember your first performance in Microteatro?
YG: was so expectant as the public. There was a general feeling of "'ll see what we do ." People, to keep us so close, much intimidated. Look down or turned their heads away. I played like that this was because things were happening between us and the spectators, and that is very good. In addition, provocábamos physical contact with the public to take more what this format can offer.
Mac: Do you ever feel that the public reaction to your character changed?
YG: We we had very present. Well, it could not be otherwise, because we were stuck. (Laughs) If they were receptive and willing to get into the story, we moved a lot more.
Mac: you repeat the experience?
YG: course. There is a project out there with Michael, but nothing is yet closed.
Mac: How did you live those applause?
YG: In general, good. You never know how they will react. There are some who do not even applaud, but because they are in shock. Their faces and had a lot of things. It's all so close that, somehow, they feel they are invading Your privacy.
Mac: guess you'll have a suitcase full of anecdotes.
YG: I tell you. One day we got to do thirty and two assists. Another representation had to stop because my partner pulled, unwittingly, to a lady. We try to follow, but she went into a fit of laughter ...
Mac: Are you an actor of that risk?
YG: Yes all depends on the needs, but, while I can, I want to work, and find characters that have nothing to do with each other. I do not like to repeat things I've already done. I choose projects that move me and are a challenge for me. I have a good race and, at least for now, I seek to be doing the same thing to earn more money. I like to surprise people and, above all, surprise myself. When I started working as an actor suffered a lot and was very sad, because I knew how it worked the profession. He had many conflicts and insecurities with myself, but one day I said: " Or learn to enjoy my work, or else I am dedicated to ." I think since then everything is going better.
Mac: different characters and new audiences, because the followers of "The Internship" have nothing to do with the "Gran Reserva". Is this something you have in mind before embarking on a new job?
YG: Sure. It was one of the things I thought when I was offered this series, and to work with colleagues who have spent their entire life in this.
Mac: Well also share deal with your brother.
YG: But our characters have come to agree. I would like to work with him, but I want that when that day comes, is a big thing where we share hand in hand. Mac: I've seen you around a draft of a new film to be titled "Alpha." What can we advance?
YG: I hope it's an awesome movie (Laughs). We will run in August, so I'm preparing now, in the gym, all that is physical character. It is a story about gangs, and how they stick to each other. I've never done of mafioso, so it will be another challenge for me.
Mac: Does training is an important factor in the career of an actor?
YG: Yes, it is our working tool and we must take care. For me, it is more difficult to maintain healthy head, because this is a very destabilizing office four years I've been working nonstop and I have lived all as very intense.
Mac: I think "The Internship" you had long workdays. To what extent ends up being stressful for the creativity of an actor?
YG: is true that there were many hours of work. Luckily, my character was growing much and the writers were putting me a challenge after another that had to be overcome. At all times I raised it as a constant improvement, and may therefore not prove me so tiring. Do not think he knows much, but all I know, I learned there.
Mac: To conclude, I propose to throw the light back to answer Are there any job that you would not want to fall again?
YG: No. do it again all the same. I will not deny that some work has not been bad, but I learned my lesson. You see, I am of those who tend to prefer good (laughs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment